Thanks to the liver, many functions are performed: normal metabolic processes, defense of the body, detoxification of blood, storage of substances, elimination of toxins from the body, etc.
Given that the liver performs a number of vital functions to the human body, it is necessary to preserve its health. Proper nutrition can improve liver function and allow for the smooth development of biochemical processes.
These groceries have a positive effect on the health of the liver:
- The beetroot is rich in flavonoids and beta carotene, ingredients that improve the function and promote liver health. The beetroot helps in purifying of the blood and eliminate toxins from the body. It is advised daily consumption, best fresh in the form of a salad.
- Due to the abundance of antioxidants, vitamins and folic acid, the broccoli is excellent for detoxification not only of the liver but also of the entire organism. In addition, this vegetable contains isothiocyanate, a substance that helps fight cancerous substances in the body. It is advised that broccoli be consumed daily, fresh or steamed.
- Garlic is rich in sulfur, allicin and selenium, ingredients that help the liver in the elimination of harmful substances from the body. Selenium is good for natural detoxification, allicin combats harmful agents, and sulfur improves enzyme performance. Therefore, regular consumption of garlic is recommended.
- Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which help in natural detoxification of the liver. The ingredients found in lemon, orange, grapefruit and other citrus fruits allow the elimination of toxic substances by helping the liver to transform toxins into soluble substances. Therefore, consume citrus fruits daily, raw or freshly squeezed, especially in the morning for maximum effect.
Read through the remaining 3
- Curcuma is great for improving liver function. This spice, which slightly resembles ginger, stimulates the work of enzymes in the liver and purifies free radicals that have a carcinogenic effect.
Omega-3 fatty acids and amino acids purify the liver and improve its function. Walnuts contain these ingredients, so be sure to include them in your daily menu.
And last, but not the least important…
- The apple is one of the best fruits for detoxification of the body. Using the ingredients contained in the apple, especially pectin, the liver deals great with toxins that need to be eliminated from the body. Also, the apple contains malic acid, which also helps remove toxins and carcinogens from the blood. Apples are best consumed fresh in a fruit salad or fresh juice.